New To CrossFit? Read This.
Mar 19, 2013 in Blog
Top Tips For Newbie CrossFitters
by PAT HANAVAN on MARCH 19, 2013
* Don’t worry about who else is in there, how fit they are, or how much weight they can deadlift. Focus on your own fitness, your own goals, your own self.
* Be prepared – You’re going to need some water, a towel, some tape, something to eat immediately after workout. Make sure you have it with you.
* Don’t forget that one of the most important aspects of training is what you eat. You can’t train well if you don’t eat well. You’ve got to make sure that you get all the nutrition you need. There’s a reason why so many CrossFitters are more than a little Paleo!
* If you’re waiting for these workouts to get easier, forget it! They don’t get any easier but they do suck a little less after a while.
* Don’t forget to say “hi” and introduce yourself to other members of the class. It’s all one big CrossFit community and making friends is part of it. A little friendly rivalry as you continue your journey just helps you to work even harder. Yes, I do mean friendly.
* Don’t forget to keep a track of your CrossFit journey with a journal. Keep records of your starting times and weights, and you’ll soon be able to see some improvement, which will encourage you to work even harder.
* One step at a time – one CrossFit victory at a time. Focus on your own fitness, your own achievements, your own goals and victories. Adding a little extra weight, achieving a little faster time, maintaining a little longer endurance – take your CrossFit journey one step at a time!